This Neoclassical church was built between 1890 and 1903. The interior shows a single hall and side chapels. The façade was purposely left rough to have the same appearance of the adjoining walls of the castle. The portals were made in 1964 by Umberto Bartoli, who decorated them with scenes from the history of the Church, particularly centered on Pope John XXIII. By the same artist is the tympanum topping the portal, representing the Annunciation. The church keeps inside some remarkable paintings, among which there is a Mystical Marriage of Maria Maddalena dei Pazzi by Pier Dandini, a 16th century painting representing an Annunciation attributed to Michele di Ridolfo del Ghirlandaio and a 14th century painting representing a Madonna with Holy Child, executed in the15th century by Bernardo di Stefano Rosselli.
Sources and References Index
hotels in Panzano
accommodations in Tuscany by itinerary
to book Panzano
advertising in Panzano